Friday, February 18, 2011

PE4_Spelling City

I had heard people at other schools mention this web 2.0 tool, that they use with their students, but I hadn't had a chance to go check it out. Now that I look at it, I am thinking "boy what have I been missing?" This is amazing for spelling homework. It is meaningful, fun, and completely related to my weeks lessons. I pick the spelling words I choose the activities and I can even print out worksheets.
It was so easy, you just click on the register button, fill in your information, there is even a place to find your school so that your students can search the site base on their school. Then log in a get to work! You can start adding your spelling words and be ready to start instantly. 

 My favorite part of this site so far was it's user friendliness. It also has a great selection of tutorial videos that walk you through several steps in getting you ready to use it in your classroom. The site is free, and you have access to most of their information. There is a premium account that you can upgrade to and I found it to be reasonably priced at a little over $50/30 students for the year. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment