Friday, February 18, 2011

PE5_Spelling City

 Wow! Check out all the different educational games you can play. I can fill in the blanks. Not only does this check my understanding of the word, but it reads it a loud so that I can hear what it sounds like, great for auditory learners.
 On Spelling City I have a ton of options. Check out the long list of games and activities I could choose from. The students would have a options in choosing how they will practice their spelling words.
 This was my daughters favorite game. I game of hangman, between cat and mouse. I have never seen her so motivate to study her spelling words. These games are great  motivators.
 Lastly I found that it is a great site for practicing handwriting at any level. It also allows you to print worksheets to use with your students. I love this option. I am so excited to implement this in my classroom!

1 comment:

  1. I've had an account with spelling city for several years now. I love this website! There are so many games that it makes a great spelling computer center. I also like that students can go online and get their words when they forget their list at home.

    ReplyDelete